Thursday, April 21, 2011

On this, the day before my 54th B' Day, i have the same opportunity i have had for the last half century.
Basically, to make choices that are in alignment with my core values and make the corrections when i don't. I say 'and' because i have yet to have the perfect day. So, it's largely about correction.
What i do have (that i am immensely grateful for), is the capacity for practice. 
With the tools now gathered and sufficient self awareness to know the blind spots i can meet life on life's terms and embrace whatever comes my way.

And, like any one else that 'practices' something (be it a sport, an instrument or a tool), i have great days, good days and not so good days. Willingness is the key. That is something within my control. As is my attitude.

Since the tendency for despair has been in me as long as i can remember, monitoring and correcting my attitude is paramount. That will be the focus of my practice today. As it is every day since i started this practice (20 of the last 54 years).

G-d heal my perceptions. Grant that i may have awareness to see the choices available and the strength to make the ones that serve the best for all involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment